Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gooseberry Bush  (Read 2094 times)

Maria1969

• Joined Jul 2011
Gooseberry Bush
« on: May 17, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »
Hi all,

I got a gooseberry bush from the local garden center last week, a week on and the ends of its leaves are turning brown, am i not watering it enough??

I have re potted it in a much larger pot (as I don't wish to plant it out yet) and given it a little plant food to help but it dosnt seem to be helping, any suggestions please??

Many thanks

Maria
1 x soon to be husband, 2 x kids, 1 x dog, 1 x cat, 10 x ex bat chickens, 2 x rabbits, 1 x Gecko and 6 x 12 week old cocker spaniel puppies :0)

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: Gooseberry Bush
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »
Or you could be overwatering. Is it outside? There's been quite a lot of rain this week anyway. Have you got stones in the bottom of the pot to help drainage? Or it could have just been an unhealthy plant, forced under heat and light and now shocked - is it a reliable garden centre?

Bit difficult to tell - have you a photo,

H

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Gooseberry Bush
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 12:35:30 pm »
It might be the recent cold weather. If it was being cosseted at the garden centre it might be a bit shocked at being planted out. It will probably put on some new green shoots soon.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS