Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ear tags! GFD's  (Read 1513 times)

cuddy

• Joined Aug 2013
Ear tags! GFD's
« on: October 16, 2013, 03:02:41 pm »
Just a follow up on my GFD's, luckily none of them gave birth!  :thumbsup:

Next dilemma though. When these sheep arrived, I noticed all the ewe's had metal tags which were from the GFD society. This morning, however, when I was checking them, I noticed that at least three have lost their tags.

Not really sure what to do next. I have been hunting high and low for the paperwork that I was given with the sheep, alas, I cannot find it.

Just wondering where to go from here. Can't seem to reach anyone at the society yet.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Re: Ear tags! GFD's
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 07:53:03 pm »
My e-mails to the DSBA Secretary have bounced back this week but I have informed a Council member.  The ear tags for our 2013 ewe lambs have not yet arrived.  It is the AGM on Saturday and I am sure comms will improve after then.

cuddy

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:37:24 pm »
My problem is the tag's I'm missing are the existing metal tags that have somehow flopped out of their ears. Not sure how to get replacements.1

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »
They are Ketchum tags.  They may be able to make you replacements but the details will be registered with the Society.  The AGM has been suspended ::) .   There is no legal requirement to have the metal tags, it just shows your ewes are registered GFD.  They show the year, DSBA flock no. and individual no. for that year.

Talking of which, would anyone like a lovely friendly GFD shearling ewe?  (see Marketplace)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS