Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Geese for free in south Lincs  (Read 1641 times)

Daniel Does

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Lincolnshire
    • Daniel Does
Geese for free in south Lincs
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:34:43 am »
Hi all,

I've got a pair of gees that I need to get rid off. They're a goose and a gander of the white eat-a-goose-for christmas sort. We had 20 odd a couple of years ago, sold a few (decided plucking geese was not our favourite...!) a couple got foxed and now we've just these two left.

The goose lays four eggs every week, neatly in the same corner of their house (even though we move their house every day). The gander has got good protection instinct. He looks after his wifey with care and dedication.

That does however mean he'll chase anything that walks/runs/drives away from him. He's a typical bulley -he'll chase anything that's scared off him but is scared of anything/anyone that turns to face him.

He chases the postman up the road (the van is scared of him, it drives away)
He runs away from my friends' one year old son (who has no concept of fear and just wants to cuddle it)

Because of this behaviour he'll be very suited to guard, but we've no place for him on our place.
They do not fit into our current system, and people coming past our house are getting a little fed up with him.

So free to collect from the metropolis that is Scredington, Lincolnshire just south of Sleaford NG34 0AH.

Daniel Does

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Lincolnshire
    • Daniel Does
Re: Geese for free in south Lincs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »
Oh go on, they're free!

Daniel Does

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Lincolnshire
    • Daniel Does
Re: Geese for free in south Lincs
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:49:07 pm »
Last chance before the axe falls...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS