Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Eight years ago today.......  (Read 3968 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Eight years ago today.......
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:59:46 am »
On the 30th April 2005, we packed up our huge van and left Swindon for our new life in France Funnily enough, I didn't feel nervous about the move, just a calm sort of excitement, almost serenity and happy anticipation. You would have thought Id have been sad leaving a house we had lived in for 14 years close to all amenities with lovely neighbours, and anxious about moving to another country, in the middle of the countryside, not knowing anyone, or too much of the language But no! I shut the front door, got into my car (with three moggies) and drove away not looking back.
THIS is home, we feel so happy and settled here, I know that I will never leave it except perhaps in a box!  I really don't know where the eight years have gone, they have flown by and only now are we getting the house finished, but that is not so important anymore. Our animals and a more simple way of life are more important than a show home anyday!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
Re: Eight years ago today.......
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:02:39 am »
Happy anniversary Mary ! sounds like a special evening meal and a toast will be on the cards for you tonight. ;D
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:07:46 am »
How fantastic that things are going so well...  :thumbsup:
as you say mary..a show home is just for others to admire..a real home is for everyone to admire
I will raise a glass of red tonight :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:57 am »
Mary that is wonderful  :thumbsup:  I so admire you and would love to do the same, I love change, some people cannot cope with it though, its good to make a big change in your life that turns out so well!!!
Heres to a wonderful happy future and lots of stories from you too :wave:

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:28:26 am »
 :thumbsup: Congratulations - big glass of wine called for tonight  ;)

On this day 4 years ago my lunch (and that of my midwifes) was disrupted by Connor making his arrival. I had him at home and Bruce delivered him - under supervision  ;) So a double celebration on TAS today  :excited: :excited: :excited:
Karen x

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:40:02 am »
Which part of Normandy did you move to normandymary?
 :sunshine:

Stellan Vert

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:20:07 am »
Hi Mary

That is so good to hear,

We have recently moved to Shropshire, much smaller move, but we have moved away from friends and neighbours. I wouldn't go back.

Karen
Congrats also. Enjoy as they accelerate time, mine are 21 and 19,

SV

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 09:34:02 am »
Mary, its lovely to hear that you feel so settled in France. I am sure it will be food for thought for others on here.
Happy anniversary and happy birthday to your son Karen
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 09:42:38 am »
I share my 5th Anniversary with your 8th one :excited:- I made a big move too on this day.  :thumbsup:   Alone, with 5 dogs, 2 cats, and 4 ducks - 150 miles South and well out of my comfort zone. 

A new start for all of us - and it's been a good one on the whole.  I can recommend changes such as this. :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:13:03 am »
So pleased that your move to another country was the right one for you.  It is a brave decision- especially when the language could be an issue.

My husband would move to France without a doubt(having been to the South of France for three weeks ),  I have never been abroad, and have never wanted to.But I have admiration for those who follow their dream and do it!!-

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 11:09:13 am »
Wonderful that the move worked out well for you  :thumbsup:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 12:54:13 pm »
Which part of Normandy did you move to normandymary?
 :sunshine:
Hiya. We actually live on the Pays de la Loire/Normandy Border, actually living on the Pays de la  Loire side but only about 100mtrs from Normandy as the crow flies. Pays de la  Loire Mary was a bit of a mouthful for a username, hence NM! We live in a village called Lignieres-Orgeres which is about 90kms from Caen.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 06:39:41 pm »
That's lovely Mary. 
We should all raise a glass to contentment for those of us lucky enough to have found it (despite all the hard graft that goes with it).
Cheers Mary  :thumbsup:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:00 pm »
Congratulations to all those celebrating special events today.

Stellan Vert, whereabouts in Shropshire are you? I am in Telford.

Stellan Vert

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »
Hi MGM

I have pm'd you

SV

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS