Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Frontline Spot On?  (Read 3698 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Frontline Spot On?
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:37:15 pm »
Has anyone ever used Frontline Spot On for dogs on Chickens?  If so how many drops did you use per chicken?  I am considering using it on my hens, but am interested to know if anyone else has done it!

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Frontline Spot On?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:52:40 pm »
yes i have. its four squirts per hen. you can't eat the eggs for two weeks. which was annoying seeing 400 eggs going in the bin. but it really gets rid of visitors. you do need to pick any egg clusters off at the same time and check in a couple of weeks.

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:55:55 pm »
does squirts mean drops?

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 09:35:36 am »
don't know ours was spay on stuff.

if its coopers spot on i treat with 0.2ml per hen after two days if the bugs are still there and its a big hen up it to 0.5ml but don't repeat the dose. powder with a lice powder at the same time. keep the delay on eggs the same.

you can get small syringes from the vet. please remember that nether have been approved for hens. this means that they have not paid to have it tested on them. also ware gloves as hens flap more than sheep or dogs your more likely to get it on yourself. the back of the neck is a good spot for dosing a they find it harder to get to. don't forget to check for any second hatch in a few weeks. and clean there House out at the same time.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 04:45:03 pm »
I have used Coopers spot on for treating my hens at the dosage rate of 0.1ml per kg of body weight this is what the Vet recommended and it worked fine for me.
I did give the houses a really good clean and a good spraying of Jeyes Fluid at a strong rate as this will ensure all bugs,mites and pooped out worms are killed.
Kind regards
Joe  :)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 07:07:29 pm »
The sheds were steamed cleaned at the weekend and were sprayed with Poultry Shield whish is why we now want to treat the birds.  Thanks for the advice.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS