Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The loonies are taking over...  (Read 5275 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: The loonies are taking over...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 10:12:46 am »
My daughter went to some conferences on the new EU laws re cosmetics and said  " the shits going to hit the fan now as people are going to have to lable when they put nano particles in stuff""   errrrrrr, I sort of lost her at that point!!!

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 10:54:15 am »
having trouble finding a link to the story. looked on the beeb site as suggested, couldn't find anything. Anyone found it?

Still under most popular shared!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-22308165

(It's now letting me paste it in - why, oh why, wouldn't it let me do that yesterday? Is there an explanation?)

thx, it was the manchester bit that threw me, that's an additional layer down from England news.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 09:33:54 pm »
I once read of someone who sued the manufacturers of the camper van he bought because it didn't have a warning that he shouldn't put it in cruise control then go to make a cup of tea.   :roflanim:

Guess which country that was in?  (And if you get stuck, let me give you a clue.  He won thousands in compensation).

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 10:39:21 am »
Wish I had thought of that one, we had camper vans for years and my daughters used to laugh that the first thing we did after breaking down was...put the kettle on :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS