Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi and hello from sunny Brittany  (Read 7100 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hi and hello from sunny Brittany
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 06:20:15 pm »
Now theres a thought, mmmmmmmmmmm

(as long as you dont mind a very large pig joining in)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 06:20:34 pm »
That is as a guest not as the main course

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 01:18:58 am »
No problem there HM...we are often joined by our two pet goats, Jake & Kenco and when he was younger our pet ram, Laurence, used to live in the house with our dogs and sleep in a dog basket at my feet whilst I worked at the computer...he was only moved to the paddock because he kept moving the table when we sat down to eat...our animals are part of the family, why wouldn't they share a meal? Makes sense to me!

From time to time we have nursed sick piglets in the old Dairy room attached to the house and as they have recovered they would often come into the lower hallway and even into the garden room; we were chatting with a visiting Trading Standards inspector over coffee in there one time when two little piglets came dashing in and ran straight through into the garden...we didn't bat an eye...but he just burst out laughing and went out after them and made a fuss of them. Needless to say we had no problems passing the welfare check and he even brought his family along to see our piglets and other animals.

We don't make a habit of keeping farm animals in the house, but when their small and need some TLC we give them all the love we can...having a pig as a party guest gets my vote every time HM.

Farmer
 :farmer:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 08:04:32 am »
Sounds like we would make great neighbours for each other.!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS