Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Date to plant out  (Read 1885 times)

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
Date to plant out
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:39:12 am »
Where I used to live in Leics our date to plant out was around the 15th of May, now Im 100 miles further north I presume it may be a week or so later.

Do you have a 'date' you know works in your area?

the great composto

Re: Date to plant out
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:50:27 am »
I am in the midlands  use the 'warm soil' test rather than a particular date.   

I did try the old method of dropping your trousers and sitting on the soil to see if it felt warm but havent done it since the arrest and the garden centre wont let me back in now.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:22:17 am »
I did try the old method of dropping your trousers and sitting on the soil to see if it felt warm but havent done it since the arrest and the garden centre wont let me back in now.

:D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:40:03 am »
I only really know about potatoes in the Aberdeen area - plant at the spring holiday weekend (end April)  harvest at the Summer holiday weekend (mid July)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:14:52 pm »
I am in the midlands  use the 'warm soil' test rather than a particular date.   

:roflanim: :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS