Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trusty, Anzani, Auto-Culto, Howard  (Read 2434 times)

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
Trusty, Anzani, Auto-Culto, Howard
« on: April 16, 2013, 02:09:38 pm »
Afternoon all,

Was just wondering if anyone has some across-the-types experience of these machines?
Apart from size, are there any appreciable differences between these 2 wheeled tractors and the jobs they can do?
There are alway a number of Orange Howards for sale (350's and Gems) but I have not managed to get much info on the other 3. The Anzani and Trusty always look very hefty and bomb-proof!

I was watching a Wartime Farm DVD last night and I watched them using a Trusty 2 wheeled beast and, later, an Allen Scythe. It set me off thinking again about the older/vintage machines and if they are really still useful today? 
Must say I prefer the older machines as they have some weight to them, the newer ones (Camon/BCS/pasquali etc etc) all seem a bit too lightweight to plough.....especially the peaty, and oft damp, ground up here.
So, any thoughts & ponderings about these vintage machines most welcome....especially if you have any on-line links that are good places to garner information.
Rgds
Sskye.

Rgds
Sskye

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS