Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who  (Read 2369 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Who
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:23:56 pm »
Would someone please expain to my little brain, if this country is in such a mess and we owe so much money who the person is that we owe all this money too ????

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Who
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:29:30 pm »
Would someone please expain to my little brain, if this country is in such a mess and we owe so much money who the person is that we owe all this money too ??? ?

bizarrely china!!!

through the world bank and other such institutions...

in 10 years they will own most of the western world!!!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:32:40 pm »
not quite david. china owns alot of debt.
thats different to who has the money. in the uk its the top 100. they rinsed around 20% of the countrys gdp in 1 yr.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:35:04 pm »
the question was who the government owes money too

the bulk of our sovereign debt held through various global banking institutions is held by china...

who has the money here is a whole other question  ;D ;D ;D

deepinthewoods

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:37:58 pm »
i suppose what i meant was china owns alot of iou's. collecting is an entirely different matter.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »
China is going to have big problems next.........anyway, why carn't they just print some more money!! :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:21:13 pm »
Oh wouldn't it make life easier if they could?  Maybe we could all be issued with our own money printing machine.

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:24:10 pm »
I have often wondered this question - but I think the answer is something way beyond anything I understand.   ???

Donna

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:01:21 am »
It's not money anyway, its just all figures on a spreadsheet....... Or a bank system....... Why don't we just type the figures back in?!!

;D

Beth

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:08 pm »
I have often wondered this question - but I think the answer is something way beyond anything I understand.   ???

Donna

As far as I can make out, the cash just represents the gold the country has so we can only have enough money to cover the value of the gold. 

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 08:40:03 am »
Oh wouldn't it make life easier if they could?  Maybe we could all be issued with our own money printing machine.
Im sure Ive got an old John Bull Printing Outfit somewhere in the garage!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 08:43:12 am »

Donna

As far as I can make out, the cash just represents the gold the country has so we can only have enough money to cover the value of the gold.

fraid not the gold standard failed a long time ago... some pillock sold it for a pittance just before the price rocketed anyone care to guess who... (it was gordon brown so as not to confuse anyone)...

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 09:00:52 am »
Yup, Gordon is a moron. Even a song about it!
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Tala Orchard

• Joined Nov 2012
  • North Cornwall
    • Tala Orchard
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 09:09:28 am »
As said before maily all to China, however I remember seeing a chart which showed each country to whom we owed monies which accounted for the £150bn debt however they also showed a chart of those countries that owed us mnies and the result was nearly a balance however the problem was that we seemed to lend on long term but our problems were funding short term.  although we were not bankrupt as a nation it was all down to cash flow in that we were borrowing faster than we were being paid back.

The country that owed us the most was infact the USA, followed by  Germany and France.

But what does it all mean, in real terms..THE RICH GET RICHER AND WE THE DOWN TRODDEN JUST GET POORER.

We have to pay more to feed the rich and get less for our efforts.
Pigs are human tooo

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS