Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CSSA Talk on Wildlife Crime/Smallholding Security - Wed 27.3.13  (Read 3564 times)

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
Central Scotland Smallholders Association talk by Ian Laing, Wildlife and Environmental Crime Coordinator with Fife Police. To be held in Room 1, Raploch Community Campus, Stirling at 730pm Wed 27.3.13 with Q and A session afterwards. Tea/coffee/biscuits. Everybody welcome, look forward to seeing you. Any queries PM me or post below. http://www.forthvalley.ac.uk/contacts - follow this link for detail of venue and map.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: CSSA Talk on Wildlife Crime/Smallholding Security - Wed 27.3.13
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:22:27 pm »
What time is it?  Me and Steve would love to come, depending on a few things, B&B duties & work,  we were members but lapsed.... :innocent:  Sounds interesting

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 10:24:43 pm »
730pm Sandy

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:26:58 pm »
 :thumbsup:  Should be OK,  :fc:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 03:51:51 pm »
Membership renewals will be taken on the night, still a few to come in. :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »
 :o  I actualy forgot as i have been too busy and actualy thought it was tomorrow, Thursday!! I am working tomorrow, went off to view a house and for an interview today so dog walkies tonight and so no time any way, see, I knew that would happen, tomorrow we also have some one arriving but they are going to waite until I am around...cannot waite to sell up this B&B its too time consuming and I can never plan anything!! Hope it went well as I am very interested in rural crime, I often see evidence of poaching when out!!!
Sorry :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »
We wondered what had happened to you.  It was very informative, and our new venue is better than the previous one, staff very helpful too.  Pity there weren't many there though.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 12:18:57 pm »
I meant to ask you Annie, what was the reason for the change of venue?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 12:32:26 pm »
you would have to ask wouldn't you david - I made a muck up of the booking at Mayfield (requires 2 weeks notice and I left it too late, and even speaking to the supervisor there was no way they would do it - they need to give notice to the person on the desk [?])  :-[  They were very helpful at Raploch Community Campus, and it seemed quite nice, only problem being you are not allowed to take any of your own catering there ie have to order from them even tea/coffee/biscuits. Was not too dear though.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »
I had every intention but got caught up with some job offers so completely lost track of the days!!!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 09:59:53 pm »
LOL, don't worry Simon!  The Mayfield is not exactly luxurious, but it does the job.  The Raploch was a fine replacement of course, so it's good that we've got both options available for future.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
I think they are the same price but the Mayfield allows us to use the kitchen and take in our own food.  The Raploch provides tea/coffee and affa fine biscuits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS