Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cloudburst  (Read 1909 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Cloudburst
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:03:01 pm »
Well peach had been to the billy 4 times this year and did not take, today she has cloudbursted !
I thought if they where having a cloud burst they didnt come back into season ? peach definatly has been coming in every 3 weeks
Anyway she is being a right pain in the butt trying to get into both pens that have kids in them and talking to them non stop
Milked her tonight and had an all over face wash right through milking and then followed me around shouting at me if i went out of sight !
any ideas how long this will go on for ?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:18:20 pm by sokel »
Graham

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: Cloudburt
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:16:13 pm »
Quite a few days.....ideally she ought to be away from the sound of kids but I realise this may not be possible !
Speak to your Vet.......I suspect she has cystic ovaries and requires injecting with hormones which normally will return her ovaries to their correct state.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Cloudburst
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:20:32 pm »
Thought that was the case, unfortunatly due to the amount of snow moving some of the goats into the empty shed isnt an option as it would mean digging tons of snow to get near the shed doors  ::)
Graham

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 06:54:45 am »
Seveeral years ago I had a goat who had cystic ovaries.........so the following year, waited until she came into season naturally and then the Vet injected her approx 2 weeks after.   W never had another issue with that goat and she has kidded naturally ever since.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:23:40 am »
Thanks, I will have a chat to the vet when I am next over  :thumbsup:
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS