Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bedroom Tax.  (Read 13658 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Bedroom Tax.
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2013, 07:25:51 am »
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:26 am »
Brilliant site. Just wet myself laughing at the one about Jeremy Kyle

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2013, 09:01:10 am »
DITW I think you are fighting a losing battle. In principle I agree with the changes but unfortunately people will get caught out unfairly but you can't bring in sweeping changes without some casualties, nothing is ever fare for 100% of the people. There are safety nets, charities, government bodies etc to help people in need and I expect this policy will end up getting tweaked along the line.
As the majority of the population is in work I think that the government (rightly or wrongly) will have the support they need to carry on. There is no opposition in this country Labour have nothing to offer, no alternatives just hot air.
You can't keep knocking the wealthy and blaming them for everything, wealthy people create jobs there is no shame in being rich, if you keep 30 or 3000 people in work why should you be persecuted because you have wealth. If labeling everyone on benefits as scroungers is wrong so is labeling everyone who is rich and successful as the devils spawn.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:38 am »
Just had our council tax guide come by post.

According to Powys : "a bedroom is allowed for a non residential carer and for other residential adults"

So can I have the big nubile blonde as my carer now ?

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2013, 11:01:34 am »
you have to be registered disabled or have Kemo

MelRice

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2013, 11:36:54 am »
As an extra problem my friend lets out most of his private house to single tenants most of whom are on housing benefit. At the moment it is paid directly to him as a registered provider of housing.. He accepts a lower rent than he could command per room as he knows it WILL be in the bank ever month.
In the future he feels he will have to say no to people on housing benefit and as he has had too many problems in the past and will only accept employed people who set up a direct debit at a higher rate than he now gets. (this is his main form of income)
Where will all these people go and the millions who are in the same boat.

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2013, 04:52:49 pm »
If this helps?

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2013, 06:47:42 pm »
so there is a tax that you can get refunded if you fill out the right form ..I wonder if there is one for mums in care homes
£2585 a month... all because she worked all her life as a nurse and now has Alzheimers ..a brain illness that is not recognised as a mental illness... why!!! because mental illness is paid by the state

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2013, 07:47:06 pm »
I know, its just not fair!! My mum has dementia too :(

Tregwyr

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 10:41:17 pm »
Re Alzheimers. In Swansea, a friend of mine has just had thousands refunded to her after her mum passed away with Alzheimers. Initially she had to pay for care, but she appealed and it was recognised as being a mental illness requiring nursing care (rather than just social care which is not funded by the state). Despite the fact that her mum had since died she received all the money back. Unfortunately, it seems the difference lies in the type of dementia and whether the care needs qualify as nursing or social (funded or not funded).

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 11:40:40 pm »
Re Alzheimers. In Swansea, a friend of mine has just had thousands refunded to her after her mum passed away with Alzheimers. Initially she had to pay for care, but she appealed and it was recognised as being a mental illness requiring nursing care (rather than just social care which is not funded by the state). Despite the fact that her mum had since died she received all the money back. Unfortunately, it seems the difference lies in the type of dementia and whether the care needs qualify as nursing or social (funded or not funded).

I don't think they are the only case either so it is well worth pursuing.

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 12:20:36 am »
I am wondering where all the one bedroom properties are for people who are forced to downsize?  Yet again another Tory policy that hasn't been thought through...bit like the local council.

But Castle Farm has a point, empty properties should be CPO'd and put to better use.
I think you'll find it was an idea first mooted by labour during their 1997 era when they were in office and pushed fairly hard at that..
 To me it is such a shame that a housing subsidy was ever given in the first place  to fool people into staying put in a place that they could not afford .  Perhaps a new masive house building should be government financed , taken out of the hands of the local authorities and made into housing associations that run on a commercial basis rather than a political charity system.
 CPO's would most likely take years to complete and be far more expensive than new builds with emphasis on one , two & three double bed rooms .  I say this because before any older property could be rented out it wouild have to comply with the latest  legislation wrt safety and buildings regs .
 Doing up our place after a long term flood from a buried in concrete leak on the central heating  just over four years ago cost us at least  an extra £ 19 or £ 20 K
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS