Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New arrival  (Read 2574 times)

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
New arrival
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:01:36 pm »
Dexter Heifer calf

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: New arrival
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:04:37 pm »
She is lovely!!! Congrats to you and to Mum, who I'm sure is very proud! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »
Bless !
She's gorgeous  :excited:

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:41:24 pm »
Thankyou both.

Happyhippy I belive we have spoken before about a large black boar weaner, I missed an email and they were all castrated. will you have any more available soon?

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:16:09 pm »
Yes, we have, it's Michael isn't it ?
The way it worked out, the summer litters last year were the last from our older sows (who've now gone to that big pig pen in the sky) we have young gilts running on for breeding at the moment and we'll hopefully have litters later in the summer...... but they'll not be pure bred, because I can't find a Large Black boar (who's unrelated) any closer than about 5 hours away  :( So we're planning a cross litter in the summer and will AI after that for pure bred litters (unless I can talk hubby into getting a LB boar of our own ;) :innocent:)
If you're going to need a boar before then it's probably worth getting on touch with either Rusty down in Wigton (Garlieston herd) or Martin Snell (he's down in Somerset, but might be able to arrange transport to Carlisile) we could probably help with transport or temporary accommodation to get him to you if it makes it any easier ?
But if I hear of anyone else with registered Large Blacks before then I'll let you know  :thumbsup:

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 08:16:49 pm »
Thankyou, what I would love is an Attempt boar from west sussex but talk about the other end of the country!
Who would you use for pig transport?

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:02:56 am »
Us  ;)

I believe Martin has a neighbour who frequently brings stock up to Carlisle, it's only about 90 minutes south from us so nipping down the motorway isn't impossible  :thumbsup: And any excuse to go and see Rusty is a good one too  ;)

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 02:50:19 pm »
Ok who's Martin?

HappyHippy

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »
Martin Snell, well respected breeder & BPA member  :thumbsup:
I'll pm you his details.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS