Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: R.I.P. Mr Bobbles  (Read 1783 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
R.I.P. Mr Bobbles
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:07:33 pm »
Mr Bobbles, a handsome white Wyandotte, was the tamest, sweetest natured cockerel I have known.  He was taken from his high perch at the back of a gated barn by a b*****d fox on Saturday morning. That's where most of his lovely white feathers were. I actually wailed at the loss of him. He didn't want to live with the other chooks, preferring a simpler and more individual life at the front of the house where he settled with the dogs and cats and chatted to us when we were working. He was such a happy boy, loved his digestives and dried apricots. He actually went to sleep happily on my knee. Miss him ever so much and 'out front' doesn't feel the same without him. Bloody fox. B*****d. Plenty of stupid pigeons and pheasants about. Why'd he have to take my boy!  >:( :( :'(

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: R.I.P. Mr Bobbles
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:50:53 pm »
 :'( Sorry. I wailed when I saw a dog with my hen in his mouth - my first loss but not a particular favourite. Can only imagine if it was fox against gander (albeit currently moody one) - I'd be wailing for days.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:48:25 am »
 :bouquet: so sorry you lost your boy in such a horrid way. He sounds so sweet.

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:26:42 am »
Sorry to hear about your lovely cockeral, he sounds like such a lovely boy. :(

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:03:33 am »
poor. bobbies, he's gone but not forgotton.          :bouquet:

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:17 am »
very sad can i give you a new 1 i have lots of young 1s

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:19:09 am »
So sorry  :hug:

My dad has a white wyandotte cockerel. Very aggressive and not what I'd call sweet  :o  but my dad loves him to bits. Found him a few days ago in the jaws of his neighbours young terrier (his owner is in her 80's and having trouble keeping him in). Dad managed to release him and as yet he is still alive ...... poor old George.

Not a good week for wyandotte cockerels  :bouquet:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:26:50 am »
Aw sorry for you, you can get so attached to little friends and sounds like he was attached to you too.  I liked his name.  :bouquet:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS