Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: treo of buff orpingtons 2008 birds  (Read 2242 times)

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
treo of buff orpingtons 2008 birds
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:42:00 am »
Hi I accepted these as a swap for same of my Indian games thinking of putting them in a separate pen for purebreeds, well it never happened and they have been freeranging with the rest of the flock. feed bills are not getting any cheaper and i have lots of youngstock coming on so would like to move these on, the girls seem to be favourits of the boys so are now wearing saddles but are a bit the worst for wear.
happy to swap for a couple of bags of food, either mixed corn or pellets.

Mandy

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
Re: treo of buff orpingtons 2008 birds
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:21:47 pm »
Hi Mandy

I would be able to take this trio, we have three Buff Orpington hens who lost their Cockerel to the fox a few months ago and I have been looking for a decent Cockerel for them. If your boy has 5 hens to choose from them maybe your 2 hens will get a bit of a rest.

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:24:30 pm »
thats great andrew, where are u? I'm of the livingston tonight late to stay with friends so we can attend the RHS for the 4 days, but OH will be about if necissary.
let me know what suits u

mandy

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:47:15 pm »
We are just outside Glasgow, and we are also at the Highland over the next few days, I could pick up at the beginning of the week. I will send you a PM with my phone number and if you like we could also meet up at Ingliston for a coffee

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 11:34:31 pm »
Hi andrew, if u stop buy the scottish ferret club tent in the countryside aliance section and ask for me we can have a chinwag and orginise when best to get the birds.
should be their all day but might get a 50 min repreave in the afternoon sometime.

Mandy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS