Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What can an old ride on lawnmower be used for?  (Read 10667 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: What can an old ride on lawnmower be used for?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »
Have you considered the horse??
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 11:02:00 am »
I'd be more worried about coming down a hill than getting stuck going up one (although being dragged backwards after getting stuck is a jump off and run scenario)

Our little quad is a nightmare coming down a hill with lots of weight on the back - you have to be committed as stopping is not an option.  Corners are dangerous as the load is heavier than the pulling vehicle and unless your excellerating - the load is pushing.

I have a ride on lawnmower - gone rusty and never used - the thing cant even ride up a tiny bank with me sat on it - bleeding useless.

Still though - if I had an old ride on mower - it would have to be converted into something useful or it would go on eBay ;)

I would have thought that you could get a 20 liter drum on the front and back and travel on a flat no probs.

Julestools

• Joined Mar 2013
  • In my shed
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 12:33:36 am »
Most ride on mowers are belt driven and would soon shred the belt. Others ie the Kubota have a hydrostatic transmission which is ok if it's in good condition but will squeel like a stuck pig if you try and tow too much up hill. Best bet is an old Landy or an old tractor.... or better still.... pump the water up to the horses

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS