Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What music are you listening to lately?  (Read 1990 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
What music are you listening to lately?
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »
I've recently been addicted to the  Bellowhead new album, Broadside. Won the Radio 2 folk album of the year. Today I have been mostly listening to The Flaming Lips.  :)
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: What music are you listening to lately?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:28:47 pm »
As my OH switches the radio on as soon as he gets downstairs (local radio followed by radio 2 then radio 4 for the Archers at 7pm then Radio 4 extra until bedtime) I rarely listen to music.  If he goes out I tend to switch the thing off and enjoy the silence.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:14 pm »
I love bellow head, must have seen them live at festivals half a dozen times and they were always brilliant. Must see them again this summer! Recently I've been getting in to electro swing: try www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlBTbHDvSco as an example. Really been keeping away the winter blues.

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:54:55 pm »
Ooo I do like that benkt. I was on Spotify earlier getting one of my daughters to listen to The Hall of the Mountain King and I found a techno version! It was certainly different!
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

rusticranger

• Joined Feb 2013
  • West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 05:37:59 pm »
Only just got hold of Mumford and Sons new album so I've been addicted to that, but before that Of monsters and men were topping my chart!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 05:56:12 pm »
I like all sorts, depends the mood I am in at the time. Coldplay, Take That, Adele. Country.

Dicky

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:10:01 pm »
I'm very much a thrash/death metal kind of person.  I listen to a lot of European bands like 1349, Behemoth, Satyricon, Cradle of FIlth, Entombed etc.

Having said that I do like a lot of other stuff, like the Rolling Stones, Queen etc., and I even have a Best of Lionel Richie CD that I listen to occasionally. 

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »
Dvorzak's New World Symphony and Metallica because my wee ones like to head bang and air drum to it in the car  :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 04:01:53 pm »
Ive got the ABBA Gold CD in the car at the moment. Its great. Ive only just got music back after 2 years without. I do like things that I can sing along to, so Ive got Whitney Houston, Genesis and a romantic compilation. Anyone that passes me on the road must think Im mad as I can get a bit carried away sometimes!

Marsbar

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 06:40:09 pm »
We have the Wurzels on in the Land Rover ALL the time, the kid's(8&5) know all of the words  :innocent: 
Richard
from Sheffield now in Chesterfield

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 08:53:00 pm »
Brilliant  ;D , Wurzles are great, they've done some really good cover versions actually.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS