Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Frontier Stove (portable woodburner)  (Read 6674 times)

bealers

• Joined Dec 2012
  • North Shropshire
Frontier Stove (portable woodburner)
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:06:29 pm »
Just a quick post to say that I got to use my Xmas present for the first time this week, a 'Frontier' portable stove. This link has a long review with lots of pictures.

I was really impressed with it. Low maintenance in terms of keeping the fire going and I was able to move it with the fire burning.

I like the top opening hole so I can use it with my kelly kettle in future.

Not cheap @ £140, though.

deepinthewoods

Re: Frontier Stove (portable woodburner)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »
ive got one too. my friend supplys them for shelterbox, i got a manky one and fixed it. great bit of kit, just paint it loads with a high temp paint.. not really designed originally for wet atmospheres or something.

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:57 am »
That looks nice

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:44:00 am »
I love that, until we move we are buying 0, when we do move I hope to have a wood burner, this house does not lend itself to one so we just have open fires, in fact my Sweep will be here any moment. I also fancy a small log burner in a shed or garage in any house we may buy, that would be handy for the dogs etc.....I would be very happy to get that one for a present!!

Julestools

• Joined Mar 2013
  • In my shed
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:19 am »
I have a log burner in the shed but i've made a couple of outdoor log burners (like the ozpig) from old gas bottles. I.m in the process of making a waste oil burner at the moment though to help out with heating the shed

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 07:40:12 am »
when we do move, I may ask for tips and photos,   :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS