Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Starting early...wanted British toggenburg 2013 billy kid  (Read 2033 times)

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
Starting early...wanted British toggenburg 2013 billy kid
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »
We have two pedigree British toggenburg nannies currently in kid to a boar billy, however we are keen to breed pure toggenburg in the future but have to date failed to find a local stud billy, so OH has suggested getting our own. Would like to get a kid as not having had a billy before would like to get to know him from an early age, also our girls are dis-budded so would need our new boy to be de-horned as a baby. so starting to look in good time.

Don't mind bottle rearing or at weaning, I work at a vets so am happy to take on the disbudding and then bottle rear, will have other kids and lambs (hopefully  :fc: ) so will have plenty of company.

Thank you for reading and hope someone can help.
So many ideas, not enough hours

l200derek

• Joined Feb 2013
Re: Starting early...wanted British toggenburg 2013 billy kid
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:01:06 am »
i have some pedigree british toggenburg goats due to kid in march if you wanted a male kid - theyre from show stock (some will be out of breed champions) and theyre all by an excellent bred male. contact me on 07984745211 if you would like to discuss (leave message if i dont answer) - delivery possible

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:46:46 pm »
my parents breed and show BT's they start kidding early march we are in cambridgeshire so not too far from you.
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:12:31 pm »
Thank you both very much. Derek where abouts in the country are you?
Kja I have pm'd you my phone number please could you pass it on to your parents.

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 11:10:41 am »
 :fc:  Have reserved a billy kid with kja's mum due in March. Thank you all for your help. Very excited now  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS