Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Grantown on Spey  (Read 2635 times)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Hello from Grantown on Spey
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 07:48:20 am »
And many thanks Lachlandmarcus. The allotments hit the buffers when the estate withdrew their aggreement after letting some land go for community use as part of the community woodland but then not agreeing to allotments. I'm not joking, they rule everything, including the CNPA. Nairn has a beautiful site donated by the council, all fenced with toilets, security fences, water taps, the lot. Its a tight ship here. However...this croft is part of a private farm, owned for 300 years by a family who now are not making a living from farming. I can't believe our luck! I resisted this site for so long as I couldn't face looking at everyone's happy small holding tales. After 5 days, I'm able to join in. Yippee.

Oh wow that is brilliant news and well deserved given your determination! 3acres sounds perfect esp with a barn too - that is excellent. Now you can get your pencil out and plan your kingdom of carrots! So pleased it has turned out so well!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Hello from Grantown on Spey
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 07:58:41 am »
Hello and welcome   :wave: sounds like you've landed on your feet with the land, congratulations. I'll look forward to hearing how your plot develops.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS