Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lamb Boost, re-use or replace?  (Read 2094 times)

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Lamb Boost, re-use or replace?
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »
I am just about to sort out my lambing kit and I have some lamb boost left but never know whether safe to use or should I bin it? It had been opened and been sitting in she'd since last year. Advice appreciated, it isn't cheap so don't want to chuck if ok.

Re: Lamb Boost, re-use or replace?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »
Does it have an expiry date on it ?
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:22:23 am »
Yes it does, however doesn't mention whether to use within x months of opening. I just remember last year my old bottle from previous year was mouldy on outside so I threw it although contents might have been fine.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:41:12 am »
If it's been stored cool and properly shut up, and looks ok, I'd go with the expiry date.

Since a lot of the active contents are vitamins, there's not much point administering it if the vits have expired.  If you just want the sugar content, use glucose! :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS