Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ravelry help  (Read 11662 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Ravelry help
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »
What I also like about Rav is that people say a bit about themselves and their family - sort of gets you a bit of background too. And I like seeing photos of people (and should therefore be brave and put one of me  ::))
Jay, your Ravatar is almost as good as a pic - anyone who knows you would recognise you from it!   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 04:30:00 pm »
  And hopefully we'll draw some smallholdingy Ravellers across here too  :)
I got snared and brought over to TAS

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 04:35:33 pm »
  And hopefully we'll draw some smallholdingy Ravellers across here too  :)
I got snared and brought over to TAS
And very glad to see you here, too, renee  :wave:  I don't know if you'll see it but I waved to you on your other post (sheep with nosebagbucket) too, and asked you to please introduce yourself and tell everyone about your lovely sheep and holding.

(And if you hadn't guessed, I'm 'castlemilk' over there.)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 09:36:41 pm »
More members.  Great.  Welcome from me in Shropshire  (Lesleykays on Ravelry)

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:09 pm »
Hi I'am also on Ravelry and my username is.... you guessed.... Welshcob!!  :roflanim:

I'll be happy to make friends from here over there (mind boggling...) as I seem to go through phases. There are times when I'm on TAS every break I get from work, now I'm the Rav phase. I think it's because my brain can only take one forum at a time!!  ::)

I use Rav mostly to keep track of what I've been making because I'm terrible with writing down modifications, tension swatches etc. I struggle on Rav anyway, but when I finish something I'll write up about it. No chance I'll ever have time to update my stash until at least when the PhD is in and hopefully have a few weeks holiday  ;D

I also do what Dans said, to check up different versions of a pattern. It's amazing to see what people can come up with! Also I like to search for patterns and there are so many that are free and quite good. Although I seem to have a dangerous addiction to Kate Davies's patterns now and they all require quite expensive yarns - so you can look up at different folk what cheaper alternative they have chosen. Or put up yours.

Love both here and there!

(Get me out of both and back to work!!)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 08:31:34 pm »
Welshcob I have just added you to my friends on Ravelry.  I'm intrigued.  Why are you Welshcob when you lilve in Scotland?

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »
Mind boggling I know  ;D

Mostly because I went through a phase (again!!  :roflanim:) when I liked Welsh Cobs (all sections of the Stud Book). Now I prefer other breeds but the username stuck - and it's easy to remember  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 09:09:37 pm »
Makes sense and they are lovely.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 10:43:45 pm »
It's great trying to guess TAS on revelry  :D  I'm so boring ' mammyshaz'  :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »
Does make life easier though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS