Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello from the peak district  (Read 6045 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: hello from the peak district
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 04:51:24 pm »
Yes, I forgot to mention that one funnily enough  :o  freeload city at my house.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 04:16:01 pm »
Hi and welcome from cold, and now disgustingly wet Worcestershire.  Definitely a day for lighting the fire and keeping all the animals/birds undercover  :raining:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 08:29:12 am »
Hello and welcome from Durham  :wave: two allotments with a couple of hens, fruit and veg. We are also looking for somewhere with land but it's not an easy task  :-\  Good luck with your plans.

springbok

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 11:58:45 pm »
Indeed born and breed South African. I've got pretty acclimatised and am actually loving that we get seasons here (not just hot or rainy)!

My particular interest is animals (I just can't seem to raise the same enthusiasm for veggies). So far have thought about the traditional Hereford (it's such a beautiful animal), either the saddleback or big black for pigs and am thinking about Portland, Norfolk horn or Dorset horn for sheep. I had really like the castlemilk motorist but heard it was a bit flighty, especially around dogs.

The sooner we can find some land the better!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS