Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: kingnigel  (Read 5744 times)

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
    • Zabalaz Siberian Huskies
Re: kingnigel
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 10:45:21 pm »
hi lynne
thanks for the welcome
i have an area fenced of with 6' high chain link at home that i think would do the job, but as yet i dont know how much damage pigs would do to the fencing or if i need a smallholder licence or anything else.
kn

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 08:08:11 am »
Hi even with chain link fencing I would be inclined to add a single strand of electric for reassurance.

You do need a holding number to keep pigs.  Contact DEFRA  (sp?)

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 01:28:18 pm »
hi hilarysmum
is a holding number and a smallholder number the same as the brains behind this opperation (my wife) says we have one from when we linked the land we have to the house with defra
thanks again.

sorry if these questions seem silly but i the present climate i dont want to get things wrong
kn

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »
I dont know, it isnt here (France) you need a holding number and a herd number for each type of animal, I imagine it would be the same there.  Rosemary is the person to answer this one.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 03:24:51 pm »
Not daft questions at all. Your holding number is CPH - County Parish Holding number and looks like 74/210/0059 If your property has one of these, you are registered as an agricultural holding. If you get pigs, sheep or cattle you will need a herd / flock / herd number, which you get from Animal Health.

Hope this helps.

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 04:59:36 pm »
thanks for that rosemary
kn

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 09:51:41 am »
Hi nigel - Ian here - you must be so close to me as i am also in gainsborough as well . I dont have any land at present but a passion to learn and to aquire some land at some point either localor away from the area in the near future. Imjust thinking if you are maybe close to a campsite?? my ex and i stayed a  lot at a campsite the other side of hemswell on way to lincoln and we always heard huskys  on neighbouring land ?? maybe thats you ?

Sorry to hear about work - My heart has not been in my work for a long time im self employed and  i have had a pretty horrible 12months which others here on the forum know all aboutand its great to see you on here truly as i look forward to keeping in touch with you.

Everybody on here will guide you through all you need to know.

Thanks for the tractor offer - i will be in touch in a seperate email on that - I cant believe you are so local.

I will be in touch  very shortly -thank you thank  you

ian

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 10:32:12 am »
hi lordlonk
no not my huskies but i probably know who's they were,
i'm between gainsborough and scunthorpe, feel free to get in touch via email.
kn

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS