Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Welshpool / Shrewsbury area  (Read 3288 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Welshpool / Shrewsbury area
« on: December 10, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »
A well-known Raveller and fibre supplier is selling a 1970's Traddy for a good price.  It's single treadle, single drive. 

In its original 2-speed configuration, with 3 bobbins but not, I think, any Lazy Kate, it's £120.  For only an extra £30 she'll include the new 4-speed sliding hook flyer she's put on it.  (£63 new.)

Traddy for sale near Welshpool / Shrewsbury.

Anyone in Wales looking for a wheel for Christmas, this will be a very good buy. :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel - Welshpool / Shrewsbury area
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:28:51 pm »
I am sooooo tempted.  Not giving in though.  I'll stick to the knitting.

SmallTimeSmallholder

• Joined Dec 2011
  • South East
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:04:09 am »
Be tempted MGM, spinning is great and makes knitting even more rewarding  :)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33:05 am »
I echo that. If you get it you will be bitten by the bug   no spinning wheel or bug emoticon  :(
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 12:07:24 pm »
I also echo that! Go for it.

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 02:28:28 pm »
Too late, it's Sale Pending.  You don't get long when they go up on Ravelry - (s)he who hesitates loses the bargain, I'm afraid!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »
I can spin although I haven't done it for years.  Used to have a wheel too. My ex and I had a spinning and weaving workshop. I was put off for a long time because my previous marriage was so unhappy that I didn't want reminders.  I couldn't even bear to knit for a long time after it was over.  Now I have arthritis, I'm not sure whether I could still do it.  Maybe I need to have a go on someone else's wheel.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 10:50:34 pm »
Post that as a request in its own topic, Lesley - bound to be a TASer near you with a wheel will let you have a play.  I'd lend you a wheel but I'm a bit far away!

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:45:32 am »
Id happily lend you mine for a bit  :D  - I alternate between wheel and spindle - back on spindle with some alpaca at the mo. Every time I drive to brum I go past (ish) so could drop off for a few weeks.  Could do a Christmas drop (Christmas eve or day after boxing day) - but you may be too busy to play??  Would love to meet you and the goats. 

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 10:44:39 pm »
FiB that would be great, thank you.  We're around either of those days. Just let me know and I'll PM you the address.  You are welcome to meet the goats any time.  Open house here.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS