Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: advice needed  (Read 3381 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
advice needed
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:56:48 pm »
I have a large lamb with the runs, eating well and seems bright enough. Could this be a worm problem. The other three are not affected. As they were orphan lambs I do not know if the ewes were wormed, anyone any idea  :-\

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:20:13 pm »
If they havent been wormed as far as you know worm immediately with Valbazin at the fluke dose just in case fluke are involved. Valbazin is good, safe, treats tapeworm as well as round worms and at the higher dose fluke.

You must not underdose so weigh them first.....they weigh more than you think usually!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Rosey

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Lincolnshire UK
    • UKNaturepics.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:39:01 pm »
try worming first but if it is a cade just keep an eye out for Coccidicosis. Worm them all at the same time as well and remember the withdrawal period for wormers varies so if you are using them for meat have a look on the back of the box.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:45:32 pm »
Well we wormed them all last night and this afternoon when I checked the big lamb was back to normal. It was quite an event getting them in and washing his rear end as he was a right mess.  He has forgiven me though. :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS