Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Loader for T20  (Read 10038 times)

scruffbag

• Joined Nov 2012
Loader for T20
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »
I'm after getting a front loader for our TEF20, do i need to get a t20 front loader, or can/will a mf35 or mf135 loader fit and work without modification? The reason i ask is they seem easier to get hold of! Cheers

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
Re: Loader for T20
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 06:26:17 pm »
Unfortunately you need a specific T20 one.  MF35/135  will not fit.

What do you want to use it for ?  Depending on use, a rear mounted one might be your simplest solution, they come up on ebay reasonably often and dont make too much,  they will fit any tractor you might own in the future too as they simply fit on the 3 point linkage.

Not quite as strong or versatile as a front mounted, but good enough for loading manure and leaves your tractor manouvrable and versatile when not on.  Front loaders are a pain in yards around buildings, and make the steering v heavy.

scruffbag

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:30:08 pm »
Moving bales with fork attachment, general jobs like muck/earth moving and the like. Thanks for the information, I will probablly think about welding something together as a rear attachment instead, hadn't really thought about that! I use a front loader at work so that was first port of call, but they all have power steering so hadn't noticed the steering issues. Thanks, back to the drawing board.

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:56:00 pm »
I have an old buck rake, great for small hay bales, moving brash from hedge laying tree cutting etc.  Also a bucket off a front loader adapted to fit on the three point linkage at the back, it has a trip tip and in incredibly useful, its hardly ever off the tractor. Scoop muck, shift snow, move rubble, you name it, if you dont need to lift high its all you need.

Regards  stu

arborexplora

• Joined Jul 2011
  • County Durham
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:36 am »
Hi Scruffbag

I have a Ferguson TEA-20 and bought one of these of ebay to use on the rear linkage, brilliant.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Taskers-Patterson-earth-scoop-link-box-bucket-loader-grab-farm-tractor-transport-/300841105592?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item460b86f8b8&nma=true&si=EXG3yjpoBsSYyVUtzVVbM66UFt8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This isn't the one I bought although the same. (I only paid £45 and it is in better condition with no holes and only surface rust which will be cleaned and painted to match the tractor).

I plan on fabricating a clamp on back piece to make it into a link box.

If you are still after a loader there is a Fergie Mill loader with bucket advertised in 'Classic Massey & Ferguson Enthusiast' magazine  for £140 (Norfolk) Tel 01692 404695. Current issue so might still be available.

Rich :thumbsup:

Drummournie

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cawdor - Nairnshire
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:57 pm »
I see the "banana" loaders come up in the back of tractor and machinery and the like but they make strong money and look like. Lot of work. Do you have a loader pipe at the front to run it? My tef20 has one but I have no loader aspirations.
I am with the majority on this one, I bought a tipping transport box for my 3 point linkage on the rear and its legitimately the handiest thing I have every owned, load it with soil, gravel, wood and the chainsaw, it's amazingly handy!!!

scruffbag

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 07:58:50 pm »
I'm going to go with the advice you all have, i'm going to try and get a rear loader with the extra hydalic ram to help with height. I really like the bannana loader over the mil it just has a look that fits the fergie. if i can't find anythng I was chatting to a nieghbour and he has pointed me in the direction on a bramble patch with a MIL type loader in it but it ended up there after the seals went so at best needs some work.
Drummournie I don't have any extra hydralics on the fergie just the standard. what changes are needed to fit the front loader? 

Drummournie

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cawdor - Nairnshire
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 01:45:36 am »
I have a "loader pipe" which is just above the gearbox in front of the seat and it looks liek a tap on top of it. This is where the loader got its hydraulic take off from. Will post a pic tomorrow when I dig the old fergie out for some work!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS