Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lancaster bomber  (Read 4560 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Lancaster bomber
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 01:05:53 pm »
BB, I only said a Lancaster bomber because thats what OH said. Its possible I misheard him of course and it was a Hercules, or even stranger that he might be wrong  ;D
Either way, it was a lovely sight
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 05:02:35 pm »
My dad flew Wellingtons in the war. After the war he had the honour of flying all the bigwigs, including Eisenhower, to the war trials at Nuremburg.
He was a Flight Lieutenant and after the war, he applied to the RAF to stay in as a pilot. They said that he could stay in but he would no longer be an officer, only a sergeant. He left the RAF in protest and went into insurance!!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 05:39:11 pm »
We get a lot of planes, from the incredibly noisy put-your-fingers-in-your-ears Typhoons, to the make-your-heart-thud Chinook helicopters (the animals hate these most) to the enormous Hercules C3s.

Both the Chinooks and the C3s fly very low, the C3s looking like you could touch them. These are the ones that sometimes folk say 'Lancaster bomber' when they see it, but in fact they're cargo/support planes.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 05:48:24 pm »
WE get the heavier planes over here sometimes (whatever they are), they are something special to see aren't they, sometimes see them going up the main valley, they are actually about level with us, strange seeing them below the skyline.
2 chinooks came over yesterday, heading north, heard them long before they came over the hill, also the jets, sometimes they are so low I wait for the crash just after they go over the hill top heading south, I've been known to duck when out in the garden, not because they would hit me, just the power force? of the sound. Sounds daft reading that back, but that's how it felt.
OH laughed when I said I could see the pilot, but he's rarely here during the day, doesn't know everything then.  :-J

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS