Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: problem goat  (Read 5496 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: problem goat
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 07:10:02 pm »
Sokel - that's really good - I have several nutty animals like that, cat the loves the GS but not particularly reciprocated - glad there's a truce for the time being.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 07:02:38 pm »
Still harmony here, the horse was out on the drive today while i mucked out and I let the goat out aswell, I thought she would have headed straight for the goat shed but she didnt, she went off down the drive and stayed with the horse untill I brought them both in  :thumbsup:
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 08:34:16 pm »
Maybe she just doesn't like other  :goat: ? Hopefully she will settle down, it would be a shame to have to eat her.... :(

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 08:59:42 pm »
It would be a shame to have her destroyed (whether you eat her or not).

Which goat is your herd boss sokel?

Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 09:38:35 pm »
Cherry is the herd leader and I think the problem started to get worse when bell started to bully cherrys 2 daughters
Cherry jumped in to protect them even though they where 15 months old and apple who is cherrys sister and second in command jumped in to help out
It then got worse as bell challenged cherry and all h*ll broke out

Things are so peacefull at the moment I can't see any reason why we should change things
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS