Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help  (Read 2039 times)

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
Help
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:37:29 pm »
Hi all i have recently gained 3 soay type sheep :sheep: in with my herd with no tags(have the holes) all seem friendly and follow bucket but what do i do as cant find owners locally, can i tag and keep them if so how do i record them ect.
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:41:34 pm »
speak to your local animal health and tell them and then I think put red replacement tags in.

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:47:54 pm »
ok will call them in morning but dont know what their numbers are/where so would it be my herd number on them.
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »
ok will call them in morning but dont know what their numbers are/where so would it be my herd number on them.
Yes that's the reason for the red tags - replacements if the original numbers are unknown.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:00:00 pm »
Hi all i have recently gained 3 soay type sheep :sheep: in with my herd with no tags(have the holes) all seem friendly and follow bucket but what do i do as cant find owners locally, can i tag and keep them if so how do i record them ect.

Cynical me thinks they are some ones pet sheep that are now not so much fun so been dumped. Hence all missing tags but holes for them- smacks of tags being cut out IMO-.
However BONUS FREE SHEEP ;D ;D ;D ;D

Excellent!! If you have your own already, quarantine these guys, worm, vaccinate, de-louse, foot bath etc.
Chat to your AHO but I reckon it will be red replacements for the tags.
Are they male/female? Rough age?
If female you have time to put them to the tup, if you want to and can find a smallish one!

I wish I found sheep on my doorstep :love: :love: :love:

ETA just seen they are already with your sheep so quarantine is moot, but I would still drench and vax ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:01:54 pm by colliewoman »
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:12:50 pm »
we have just finished quarantine with them as put the whole flock under as only had 7 any way, all wormed, loused ect feet look to have either been very well worn down or someone abit over top trimming, they all seem healthy, im thinking they were dumped as only one person locally that i know with soays and they arent missing any as most farmers round here dont like them lol all approx 2year old 1 ram and 2 ewes(look in lamb already as very big) but all friendly the ram is shy and bit small but looks like he missed abit of food. 

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 10:17:12 pm »
 :sheep: Sounds like they landed up in a good place, lucky them  :thumbsup:

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 10:31:59 pm »
couldn't believe my eyes when i saw 2 dark sheep in field then  noticed the 3rd who is almost like a flea bitten horse lol in among my girls they followed down when i fed the others so caught them to find no tags but ram has had 2 tags at some point and girls one but all holes perfectly in tact. they seem happy enough and have mixed well so looks like my herd now consists of 4portlands, 3 portlandxs, and 3 soays

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS