Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ripped ear  (Read 6071 times)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: ripped ear
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 08:20:27 pm »
Wot they gona do?? Shoot me :roflanim:

No shooting, but warnings and fines etc. Then add on the fact that if people don't comply they will dream up more regs that will make it even harder for us to keep goats.
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 09:10:51 pm »
Yeah, have to say I agree with colliewoman. You are just asking for trouble if you refuse to comply. None of us like eartags, but it is the law to have your animals identified. You will struggle to sell your stock if they are not properly identified, and even if you try and send them for slaughter to the abattoir, they need to be correctly tagged. You cannot sell pedigreed, registered stock, if you can't prove which animal is which- oh and having a collar a certain colour isn't an identification mark.  ::)

The more blasé you are about these things, the worse the impression you will make.

Sorry if I'm being harsh, you may just be joking- but it's coming over as being blasé rather than joking.

Beth

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 10:36:32 pm »
Don't believe everything u read Beth and collywome.. I know there are people out there without holding numbers ear tags and all... But I do things by the book.. God knows why.. But I do.. When others get away with murder but that's not me... Who's right and who's wrong??? I know those in the wrong always seem to get away with it but that's not me!!!!

I give up I really do!!!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:51:15 pm by Carl f k »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS