Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ABerdeen area - help needed  (Read 2039 times)

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
ABerdeen area - help needed
« on: November 09, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »
Is there anyone in the aberdeen area that could spend a day (paid) helping to sort out some sheep.  60 sheep needing attention with dosing, feet and general health checks - any suggestions would be really appreciated.  These are sheep that were bought from a man struggling with poor health so the poor things are in a bit of a mess and the new owner really needs help to sort them out, as he's very short on time trying to run his business's and is struggling to do the work with the sheep on his own.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: ABerdeen area - help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:33 pm »
You could try PMing Dougal on here, he is in Deeside and does our shearing. He has been down south for a few weeks but is due back shortly. He has dogs for rounding up etc and might be interested in helping out.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 03:59:41 pm »
Whereabouts are you? I've done some work with sheep - not a qualified shepherd, but capable of helping with all you mentioned.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 07:44:40 pm »
And if I can make it - I could help Ina as back up - I'm ok on feet  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS