Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: polytunnel  (Read 3654 times)

rockstar

• Joined Jan 2012
  • powys
polytunnel
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:10:06 pm »
I am looking at various web sites for a polytunnel, i am after some advice as to which companys supply a good deal and good quality tunnels. The size i want is 18ftx30ftx9ft tall. :-\

mintytwoshoes

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: polytunnel
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »
Hi,
My OH bought a 50ft x 18ft from Direct Plants based in Kings lynn for work.   Compared to the original two polytunnels sited next to it, it has proved to have good build quality and the anti condensation sheeting is superb and very effective.  Service was also excellent.  They would happily buy another.
Contact details : tel 01485 601143 they also have an ebay shop
Hope this helps.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:45:27 pm »
I bought a polytunnel off First Tunnels and they were/are BRILLIANT.

Loads of extras, very helpful and - well - just al round good I think.

They have a commercial and a home section so they may be able to accommodate your needs re: height.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »
We got ours from northern polytunnels. We found their site very good and you can download the building plans if you get muddled with the sheets sent. The structure itself is solid and will take a mighty storm to damage.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 08:24:26 pm »
Mines a First Tunnel, a bit battered now but has stood six years of gale force Shetland weather. Great website and you design your own to your requirements.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:40:23 pm »
Our Northern Polytunnels 21 by 42 foot tunnel, 12 foot high, has lasted 15 years of mighty gales, thick layers of snow and the occasional hole poked in it.  The hoops are made of a thicker metal and a slightly larger diameter than standard, specifically to cope with northern weather. We also bought  corner braces and crop bars to help stability as well as for the crops.  We have changed the cover twice and replaced the base rails a couple of years ago, but the tunnel itself has been superb.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

rockstar

• Joined Jan 2012
  • powys
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:05 pm »
thanks for the replies ,i had been looking at the tunnels at direct plants thanks minty two shoes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS