Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: free zwartbles fleeces !  (Read 2423 times)

countrygirlatheart

• Joined Apr 2008
free zwartbles fleeces !
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:38:47 pm »
Anyone in Ayrshire want 3 and a half black fleeces (long story re the half bit!) ?  Seems a shame to just throw it away. 

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: free zwartbles fleeces !
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:03:56 pm »
What on earth are you giving it away for let alone throwing it away :o :o :o :o :o :o Zwartble is one of the most fantastic felting fleeces there is! felted with flashes of other wool dyed orange and red you could have some stunning felt to make items such as bags, waistcoats, hats, boots, slippers......the list is endless!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

countrygirlatheart

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:29:58 pm »
Hi woolly s

Where can you find out more about felting?   What kind of facilities do you need to do it?  I thought a fleece was only worth about £2 (?) so thought I might as well give it to someone who could do something useful with it

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:36:49 pm »
Hello again

I have felting facilities!.....that how I know what can be done with it! ......we have a processing unit....take a look at my blog www.smallholdinginsomerset.blogspot.com (woolly shepherds diary)for info

I don't like pushing my business on the forums too much but have trouble standing by and watching folks not make the most of their resources :-\

You are right that as it comes off the sheep its worth very little ...but by processing it you can add value to an otherwise waste product!............so something worth under £2......processed costing £20......results in something worth £40.....or more!

www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

countrygirlatheart

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:06:35 pm »
hi Val

had a look via your link - really enjoyed seeing the photos and reading about the processing (and sad to read about taking your sheep to market)  I've put an ad in the local smallholders assoc. newsletter so may get interest from that.  If not I'll come back to you (what's the best way to transport it so far though ? (possibly a daft question)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS