Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Disgusted.....  (Read 3170 times)

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
Disgusted.....
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:30:58 am »
We took a horse on loan wth a view to buy....usual advert, good to catch, shoe, load etc etc..blah blah..
"Owner" said, her feet are overgrown and well send a Farrier down (whom I paid)..We were concerend and got our vet out to have her checked over and discovered she was lame on two legs, had old abcesses and vet suspected "wobbles" once we explained she was not comfortable with my daughter riding her, leaning back..etc..He advised she was not fit to be sold and to return her. We contacted the "Owner" to have her removed from out land and we explained what the vet had said....
2 weeks later, and only when we contatced SSPCA (who were as much use as t!ts on fish), sent an official letter, attempted contact via social media etc etc..the horse was removed yesterday. It took 45 minutes to load a clearly distressed horse and all in all, was a nightmare for us all....

Get this.....the horse was advertised on Preloved, the same day we advised her that the horse was unfit...and advertised using the picture my daughter had posted on her social media page!!!! She assured SSPCA that the horse was not going to be sold, yet had it advertised earlier yesterday.
We are now out of pocket for Farrier, Vet, feed and deposit monies, but this will be addressed by other means available to us.
The gaulling thing for me is that my daughter could have been badly injured by this horse (although not the horses fault). We explained what we wanted the horse for, our children...when I think of what could have happened, I feel sick..
Once we heard the animal was again offered for sale, we contacted Preloved and SSPCA.....
Disgusted does not even scratch the surface......
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Disgusted.....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 06:13:12 am »
What an awful experience for you. And the poor horse,  :bouquet: . Some people should not have animals!

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:44 am »
 :rant: :rant: Hope she gets the poor horse taken off her by SSPCA, but I highly doubt it.  She clearly doesn't know how to care for it and has no conscience.  :rant: :rant:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:50:17 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a terrible experience. I hope the poor horse is taken off her and she ends up in court. :rant:

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:50:43 pm »
Another reason for people to eat their mistakes not  breed them or pass them on!!!!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:42 am »
It amazes me the lengths people will go to to avoid doing the right thing and having an animal put down.  :(

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 05:29:40 pm »
Poor horse! What horrible people!!! I hope you find the right horse soon, must have been hard to send it back.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 07:17:50 pm »
When anyone takes on a loan horse I would advise them to have it vetted before taking it home, at least this way the horse is still on it's owners property. As for the SSPCA if it's anything like the RSPCA then it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I've never loaned a horse for myself but we did loan out my first pony, a shetland x. He stayed at his first loan home for a couple of years then came back to us as the children had outgrown him. His second and last loan home was wonderful. He taught their two kids to ride and then they kept him as a companion for their new horse. He had a great life with them and was eventually put to sleep at the great age of 32! Loaning a horse can be a brilliant thing to do but you do need to go into it with both eyes wide open and take along a knowledgable friend.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS