Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gremlins  (Read 2523 times)

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
Gremlins
« on: October 06, 2012, 10:58:33 pm »
This litter of ESS pup are now four and a half weeks old and it's proving to be fascinating watching them do something new each day. One day they don't appear to be wagging tails, the next they do.

We've now got to the Gremlin stage, one minute they are lovely cute, snugly puppies then they turn into snarling beasts, just like in the film only without adding water.

Nel the smallest doesn't stand for any of it tho' which is good to see.
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Gremlins
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:07:51 pm »
Isn't it amazing how quickly they develop compared to us.

Just  :love: them at this curious, take-on-the-world stage. They are sooo funny to watch. How do you get in with anything else I really don't know  :D  :sunshine:

How is mum doing, it being her first litter ?

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:30:32 pm »
She's been really good, apart from one night early on when I went down because of all the 'singing' to find pups cold, wet, hungry and pooh on them, Skip was asleep behind the sofa. I called her and told her to get in with them and no problems since.

We're weaning now, sometimes they eat more than others, but getting the idea, Peg, who we're keeping, has really got the hang of it, she finished off her moms tea tonight (minced chicken).  ;D

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:43:36 pm »
I dont blame her if she thought she could sneak time out ( I wished for it many times with our demanding first gorgeous  :unwell:  :love:  son )

Love the name of lucky pup ( peg ) . Is this going to stick?
The littermate to our terrier stayed as ' sparkle'  when she want rehomed as that is the name chosen as a cute litter name    :roflanim:

Our heidi was named ' glitter'  :roflanim: sooo glad our son changed it  :relief: :trophy:

Where are the up to date piccies  :eyelashes:  :eyelashes:

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 11:58:51 pm »
I'll pop some more pics on shortly.
The name Peg will stick, she's named after my Mom.
Nel is sold and that's her chosen name, apparently they'd practiced calling an imaginary dog whilst out in the woods,  ::)
Edgar still has his full tail,  that's how they wanted him, new owners mothers maiden name, no doubt they'll be happy to cut his nuts off tho'  :o
Bennie waistcoat, nicknamed due to his marking and
Connie black, because we were going to call our pup Connie and couldn't decide between Connie brown or Connie black, in the end we decided on the liver / white pup and the name Peg. :D

skidley

• Joined Jan 2010
  • On the Marsh, Kent
    • Fairview Ginger Pigs
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 04:45:16 pm »
At least he'll be anaesthetised and have post op analgesia when they snip his knads off!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »
apparently they'd practiced calling an imaginary dog whilst out in the woods
lol, but having a name that sounds right when you call it is important  :) Some of the dog owners when I lived in town and walked the dogs in the park should have done that first  ;)

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 05:31:57 pm »
At least he'll be anaesthetised and have post op analgesia when they snip his knads off!
Worry not Skidley, I held the others when their tails were done and they really didn't know anything was going on. Personally if I come back as a dog I'd sacrifice a third off the length of my tail if I can keep my nuts.  ;D

skidley

• Joined Jan 2010
  • On the Marsh, Kent
    • Fairview Ginger Pigs
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:44 pm »
My OH has just randomly informed me the next dog we get he wants to call Malcolm! I'm not sure I fancy yelling that down the field, although the neighbours are used to the kids shouting 'Titty-pig' & 'Twinkle Toes' at out two rather hefty Tamworth sows!
What is it with men and their nuts?! Can't see the fascination!

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 06:39:05 pm »
hmmm
lady has breast surgery, everyone  :bouquet: :hug:
man has nuts removed  :roflanim:

hardly seems fair does it.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 06:45:12 pm »
Seems NUTS to me  :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS