Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Boundary fence has been moved  (Read 3216 times)

ambodach

• Joined Jul 2009
Boundary fence has been moved
« on: July 02, 2009, 11:22:27 pm »
..... in my favour !!

Sorry I can't see anywhere else to put this, and it is a garden and not a small holding.  Ironically it's a small holding neighbour and he's having the local fencer put in a new fence between me and his field (and I thought that the law was that I would have to pay half, but he's taking responsibility - great).  Anyway the fencer, seemingly with the owner's knowledge, has moved the fence about 1 metre into the field.  The existing fence is falling down. 

Really two things - 1.....what is my position on the no-man's land and 2.... if I'm allowed to till (which is quite possible), how should I do so to stop the field grasses and creeping weeds coming into my garden ? 

Thanks for any assistance

AB

lara

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Boundary fence has been moved
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:21:01 pm »
hi AB, as far as I know even though your neighbour has moved his fence into his land the so called no-mans land will still be his , he may have moved his fence for any number of reasons one of which might be that he wishes to be able to maintain the fence without coming onto your property, but I would think that what ever the reason is that no -mans piece of land is still his property and your boundary line remains the same as it always was. if I were you  I would put in a few boundary stakes to mark the edge of your land just incase the existing old fence falls down , at least then you will know who owns what. As far as Tilling goes and weeds I would say that you would be entitled to spray the weeds etc up to YOUR boundary line , hope this helps Lara x

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: Boundary fence has been moved
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:08:49 pm »
any chance you can talk about it? It would leave me personally puzzled so I would just ask him if he is at all aware of it and what he expects of you there - but I am aware there are some difficult neighbours ...:&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS