Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Egg bound bird - last ditch attempt - homeopathy??  (Read 2236 times)

SueAllen

• Joined Apr 2009
Egg bound bird - last ditch attempt - homeopathy??
« on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:20 am »
I have an egg bound ex battery bird.  Probably about 3 yo.  Have given liquid paraffin and lubricated vent.  No joy.  Today, sat her in some warm water to relax the muscles. Still no joy.  She is very poorly (isolated and in a warm place)  Massaging the area, however gently is obviously very painful so I think trying to get in to get the egg is just not going to work.  Before I knock her on the head I thought I would try to see if I could find any other solutions - just wondered if anyone had successfully used any homeopathic treatment on this problem.

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
Re: Egg bound bird - last ditch attempt - homeopathy??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:53:46 pm »
is she eating i was told of to old remadies  ones is add cod liver oil to her feed  it helps lube up  and the other is steam if u can hold her vent over the steam  it can lossen her off to allow it to pass

SueAllen

• Joined Apr 2009
Re: Egg bound bird - last ditch attempt - homeopathy??
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:45:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply - we decided to dispatch her as she really was in a poor way.  I asked OH to give her a basic PM.  No egg but what there was a large amount of yellow fluid (clear) and a whole load of small dark grey growths on her stomach and intestines. Hmmm.  In the process of trying to discover what this might be and will call the small animal surgery in the morning.  Any light anyone can shed on this?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS