Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: collective sale  (Read 1411 times)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
collective sale
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »
Went to a collective or farm sale at Weyhill on Friday, my hubby really knows how to take a girl out. I actually took a day off work for this! anyway i've been to a few before so knew what i was letting myself in for.
I was quite surprised to get a rather nice planter for the garden and a long pole to wash my windows with. persuaded hubby to get a very nice and heavy creep feeder that will do MY Black Welsh mountains when they come (he he)  hubby will tell me that i shouldn't feed them and the feeder will be more use in with HIS sheep!
We came home with useful things, rather than the usual wire and wood heap  that will sit in the corner of the field threatening to made into something. Even bought a small plough for the eldest boy to get back into ploughing matches with
Saw some unusual sights though, i'm not sure some of those trailers we saw leave the salegound were entirely legal!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: collective sale
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »
Good haul  :thumbsup: Keep your hands on that creep feeder though  :D IKWYM about trailers - they bring similar ones to farm sales round here  :D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: collective sale
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:36:20 pm »
Bailer string is pretty tough though and will hold quite a lot of things together, including exhausts.   ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS