Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Forgetting Things  (Read 2200 times)

bangbang

Forgetting Things
« on: September 26, 2012, 06:05:14 am »
I don't think we have managed to go to a Show yet without
having to turn back because we have forgotten something.
Eg. wallet, hay racks, entry forms etc. Even with 'check lists'
we still manage to overlook things. So I am wondering now
what Forfar is going to be short of!....'I thought you were bringing the goats?' ;D

Has anyone else come across the 'fogotten bug' that bites at show time?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Forgetting Things
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:39:07 am »
I had to go to a goat show this summer without goats. I forgot to get the 2 I wasn't showing CAE tested which meant none of the herd could go  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 10:20:47 am »
I load up everything apart from the ponies the night before and check of my list as it goes in. Once I forgot my showing clothes  :innocent:

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:14:52 am »

....I nomally start loading the motor and trailer up a day or so before each show - that way it gives me extra time to remember what I have forgotten to put in! :roflanim: 

Tilly  :eyelashes:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:38:49 pm »
We went to a carriage driving show and forgot the driving bridle ...having had it out to clean the night before!!  Fortunately, someone loaned us  their spare - it did not match, and we explained to the Judge, and he was very nice about our forgetful moment!!
I do have to write myself a list of what I am taking and check its loaded.  Memory not as it was.
Although not as bad as a lady who told me she got to a horse show, opened the ramp, and realised her horse was still standing in his stable at home.
My neighbour asked me to mind her cat as they were going away.  I got home from work, and noticed her back door was wide open.  Very strange - car had gone, so they had definitely left. When they returned, they were horrified.  Each had thought the other had gone and shut and locked the house door before leaving!!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:42:34 pm »
I don't show my goats but it's probably just as well knowing what my memory is like.  These posts gave me a laugh.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:32:33 am »
I have forgotten plenty of things over the years. One of the best was when going from fife show, two of us left at lunchtime, because we were going onto another show. Got home to realise Abi who had been at Fife with us, had asked me for my set of car keys to fetch something, and I had never got them back. All fine as obviously the goats and their stuff was in the goatshed. My stuff on the otherhand, overnight bag, camp bed, bedding, food, toothbrush etc- all in the house. And yes, my house keys were on the car keys. Had to go in just what I stood up in! Went and borrowed a sleeping bag from a friend, and that was it.

Other thing is the extra things that you take with you.... Managed to take one of our cats to Central and West Fife show this year...  :innocent:  He travelled in the trailer unbeknownst to us!

Have heard of people who have forgotten to load the goats as well.

Beth

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 09:20:18 pm »
Nothing to do with shows but just remembered the time that my ex and I had bought our first car - an ancient Hillman Husky.  The ignition keyhole was very slack - you could take the key out while the engine was running.  Ex was about to drive off when he remember something that was in the house, whipped the keys out leaving engine running to let himself into the house then went back out and drove off having left keys in the house.  Fortunately he didn't have to go far because he couldn't turn the engine off when he got there.   :roflanim:   Imagine driving a couple of hundred miles before you stopped.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS