Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Toffee  (Read 3664 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Toffee
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:54:40 pm »
hi, has anyone got a "foolproof" toffee recipe?
wev just had a disaster in the kitchen with an american recipe. was very greasy as the fat separated. ours came out like scottish tablet but im wanting a proper chewy toffee. anything to keep the kids jaws together  :roflanim:

im looking for a recipe that doesnt have too much butter in it, and that i can cook on a medium gas flame as my stove isnt playing the game.

thanks

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Toffee
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 02:59:42 pm »
Sorry I can't help with a recipe but you have just reminded me of when we tried to make toffee as children.
My sister, who is 2 years older was in charge. She told me to stand there and stir it until she came back. So I stired and stired and when she came back there was only a handle left. We had used a plastic spoon and it had melted into the toffee  :roflanim:

Have never tried making it since.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 04:02:33 pm »
 :roflanim: That's classic Sally.

I don't have a recipe either as I don't make toffee anymore - too expensive getting crowns replaced  ;D

But I think keeping the kids jaws stuck shut is why my mum let us make toffee whenever we wanted to 8)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 08:00:00 am »
Don't know if this is any help

http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/bonfire-toffee-apples.html

I've made these 3 time they work very well, taste great and they keep my jaws occupied  :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 04:31:10 pm »
I recently tried goat's milk fudge, using goat's milk butter. It separated as well so was very greasy. It tasted great though so I'm not making any more. I have no willpower.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS