Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 7159 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Announcement
« on: September 13, 2012, 09:19:35 pm »
 :excited: I want to announce to the world that after 2 years I've learned to copy and post on iPad. And can now post photos  :excited:  :innocent:  :eyelashes:

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Re: Announcement
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »
 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:  Woo hoo - go girl!!  :excited:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:50:06 pm »
well done!! :thumbsup:

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
A real acheivement! :trophy:  I'm not sure that I will ever get there :dunce: :innocent:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 02:27:26 pm »
I don't have an Ipad - tho maybe 1 day  (after I win the lottery  ::)  )
But please tell us how to do it anyway - just in case   :eyelashes:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:15:17 pm »
Ok, I-pad experts.  How do you send a book from an I-pad to a kindle?  I know how to d it the other way round because my friend's I-pad has a kindle app and therefore a kindle account/email address.  But we can't figure out how to atatcha book to an email on i-pad
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »
I wouldn't have a clue  ??? It has taken me 2 frustrating years of trying just to get a photo moved, I'm still trying out the avatar thing but have forgotten how I put these photos on iPad to photo bucket  ::)

One day an avatar will appear next to my name  :thinking:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 06:25:42 pm »
You have to change the format of the book, I can't remember the details because when I started to investigate it made my eyes go round in opposite directions!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 04:35:03 pm »
Mammyshaz, Yaaaaay!  Well done.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 08:47:05 pm »
Can you attach things to an email on an I-pad?     

My pal has one and has a book she wants to send to me as I have a kindle.

I can email a book from my computer to her kindle account on Amazon as she has a kindle app, but we can't figure out how to do it the other way round.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »
You seem to have to email things directly rather than attach them to a separate email, as you do in Windows.

But there is a compatibility problem between Kindle books and other e-books. I think the way round is that you to convert kindle books to a different format for any other ebook reader to access them. And doing that seemed very complicated when I read up about it.

If you have a kindle app too, one way is to make a 'joint' amazon account that you can both access and put any kindle books you buy on it, so you can each share them. You have to trust the person of course, since they could buy stuff and leave you paying for it. I remember this being suggested when I asked how I could share my kindle books with my mum, as though there was no simpler way.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 11:03:15 pm »
Sharing kindle books is easy if you both have kindle accounts.  One person emails a book to the other kindle account and the other person just has to add the first kindle email account as an allowed person.

I can't believe you can have an email programme on a device that can't attach documents - doesn't make sense.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 02:37:30 pm »
what's an ipad  ???
Sorry, couldn't resist  ;D . It took me 9 months to switch on my new mobile, I was scared I'd lock it and couldn't unlock it again (just to find out that it worked the same way as the old one  ::) ). I am seriously frightenend by new technology  ::) ::) :&> but wish I wasn't ...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS