Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rhode Island Red  (Read 10678 times)

sandy

Re: Rhode Island Red
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 11:01:01 am »
I used to get that all the time and as I said before, I am short and trying to get themout of the tree when it's getting dark is a nightmare, they always roosted just out of my height. I night, I went to check the pen and as it's dark inside I pocked my hand up to the perch and heard one make a noise a bit like Ay! and then some mumbling, I had to giggle, I have posted ages ago that they have a very wide vocabulary but it got into a Major debate and so now I shut up, but they come out with some funny noises!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 12:18:21 pm »
My pal in Aberdeenshire that I got my ducks from said that hers all used to roost in the trees in spring and summer, but in winter they were waiting by the coop for Les to put them inside and shut the door.  I think they are more intelligent than most folk give them credit for.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:27 pm »
Yesterday I decided it was time to let the hens out of the Pygmy paddock and let them totally free range. They are loving the experience and the freedom, they now have 4 acres at their disposal, however, they do tend to stay pretty close to home (which is good). They now mix with the ducks, geese, ponies and Big goats and they all get along fine. One of them however, has taken to jumping the gate and 3 or 4 times today I have found madam walking up the drive past the hotel!!!! They are enjoying their time here I have to say, I didn't ralise that they dug (scratched the earth) so much.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:50:45 pm by jameslindsay »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS