Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: a petition, please read.  (Read 5058 times)

deepinthewoods

Re: a petition, please read.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 10:41:56 am »
that cos negotiations were hidden up until a few days ago, there still hasnt been any diclosure.
No thats not strictly true.  There have been leaks about it for quite a while - agreed, the specifics havent been clearly understood but I still say if only 1 million of the WORLD population are opposed ( or can be panicked in to thinking they are opposed) then its not going to stop it.
My opinion only - I am not disagreeing with you.
i think we went thro this before, i understand your opinion, mine is, that 1 millio n signatures is better than none.

the great composto

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 10:48:50 am »
i think we went thro this before, i understand your opinion, mine is, that 1 millio n signatures is better than none.
and i am still agreeing with that.   I think i see the petition argument as over hyped which gets my hackles up.

I do appreciate you bringing it to peoples attention and I did read enough of the links (and further) before making a choice.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 10:54:28 am »
cool, thats all ive ever asked for. :thumbsup:
sometimes a bit of hype is neccessary or else it isnt taken seriously enough. we have enough problems in this country with 'nice' refusing to fund medication on the basis of cost. were the big pharma monopoly able to refuse genreic medicine on intellectual property rights and extend patent protection this problem can only get worse, and probably provide the excuse necessary to privatise the nhs.
that is my main concern.
the removal of the boundaries preventing gm use is also quite alarming.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS