Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Two questions?  (Read 4171 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Re: Two questions?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »
Hermit, does she polish amber?

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 01:19:17 pm »
fleecewife

photo as requested of current one, not finished yet, there is a wound black wire 'capping' to hide the glue join but you get the idea.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 01:20:05 pm »
and no thats not my hand

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 06:09:21 pm »
The rock tumbler turned up yesterday :thumbsup: .
 So my trial run of ram & cow horn has been going for 24 hours :fc: .It is very exciting.
I really hope it works as I timed my self today making just one button from cow horn and it took me over an hour :o . That's going to be one expensive bracelet it's now on the end of :-J .
Alistair I like your big teeth & the hand is fantastic  ;D , I use the leather /suede cord on my necklaces ( I'm not one for the delicate jewellery making  :innocent: , how could I be, I use big lumps of cow horn)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 10:11:41 pm »
She has never mentioned amber , but I will ask her next time I speak to her. The last I heard she was between Edingburgh and Glasgow 'doing' the mineral shops! She spends most of her time in hotels. She used to supply the two shops up here. If you want to make a real go of it she is also an expert in the geology of minerals and a qualified mineral healer and so knows all the 'properties'of minerals . It is very interesting and I am quite envious of her.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 09:38:42 am »
Bert,

Out of interest how's the tumbling going ?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS