Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What happened at Thainstone today?  (Read 3062 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
What happened at Thainstone today?
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:06:13 pm »
What were the bids like - was it chaos at the show it was so big - anyone know what the Steinbacher Geese went for and the English Longhorn cattle?  New and views please.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: What happened at Thainstone today?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:06 pm »
Sorry Goosepimple I'm not to keen on the poultry section - just can't follow what's going on, tried but failed and I did see the cattle but didn't write it down but I think the Longhorns went for about £500 but please don't quote me on that - I knew I should have put pen to paper from the start.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:32:11 pm »
i bought the african geese £18 i also got most off the turkeys £10 each 4 hens and a stag about 12 months old it was up and dawn .The good birds made a fare price .My bared rocks made £85 for 4 the light sussex made £60 quite happey .The road cock made £25 the dulape geese  made £120 i went to £100 very nice geese .

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:53:46 pm »
Hi Goosepimple, The Longhorns made £900.00 each the Kerry made £340.00 but never sold.The sheep prices were steady good made good and mediocre made mediocre money well pleased with our prices made the trip worthwhile  :)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 09:33:47 pm »
Thanks for putting me straight Allyb - too many prices to listen too  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 08:00:52 am »
Got that.  Wow!  Steinbachers anyone?
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

DeeW

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 04:37:04 pm »
What price did the Jacob ewe lambs make?   We couldn't get there but so have some to sell privately and it would be helpful to know the going rate.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS