Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Roses and laurel  (Read 2311 times)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
Roses and laurel
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:56:20 pm »
Got the laurel plants grown on from bare root, into the ground a while ago and now the roses are finally in the round (photo shows before I stuck them in).

I quickly discovered the rabbits loved the fresh new growth on the roses. They happily pruned them all for me for free!.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Roses and laurel
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:09:20 pm »
Good for something other than pie then  ;)

What is the laurel to be used for? I just hear so much about it being poisonous for livestock. Just a query as wondered after your great dahlias if laurel was to be used in floral arrangements  :innocent:  with the roses.  Is it laurel that is used?.. Doh wish I was a knowledgeable gardener instead of a try-it-and-hope type.

Think I'll just enlarge your previous garden dahlia photo as a backdrop to my allotment  :innocent: and just look at your posts rather than give a ridiculous reply  ::)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:29:53 pm »
The laurel will create a nice thick hedge eventually which will be ever green. Not our intention to have livestock - so not going to be an issue. Will probably be having some sort of Orchard to the rear at some stage for fruit, and maybe nut trees near all the raised beds which will be for veg.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »
Sounds great  :thumbsup: look forward to more piccies to dream over  :huff:  :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS