Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I am back, did you miss me?  (Read 3954 times)

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
I am back, did you miss me?
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:44:14 pm »
Been on a lovely long weekend away at riding club camp....much hilarity, gin, good food...and of course the horse-riding lessons.
Got very wet on saturday, but have still caught the sun.
i did wonder what you were all gossiping about and how you all were....my new friends!

got back to ' those bloody lambs have got into my veg patch and eaten everything....and, I cant catch that hen so shes been running mad around the garden'
Ho hum...at least his veg dont rampage through my stock fields!!

Oh yes, good news, Lyssie is getting home from hospital today. Will have a chat with docs to find out what the h*ll has been going on - but at least she is coming home....yeey..
See ya Emma x
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
Re: I am back, did you miss me?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:52:16 pm »
welcome back!! Use to do allot of pony club camps many years ago and throughly enjoyed them, now i teach at them. Never been to a riding club camp believe they are great.  :horse: :horse:
Good news bout Lyssie, how she doing now, have they found out what she had yet? Hope she has a speedy recovery once back home. :D

sandy

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 04:05:18 pm »
At least you had some fun and so did the Lambs and chickens, now back to normal and hopefuly a full recovery for your daughter!!!! great!!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 05:48:40 pm »
just thing how much better the lamb and chickens will taste from the homegrown veg lol

Linz

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 06:46:45 pm »
haha yes tried that home grown food spin on OH.....he took it philosophically but I was still sent out to get more fencing to keep the little beggars at bay!

Lyssie; very washed out, but got a glow about her from actually feeling fresh air and being able to walk about  :)

Although I am a nurse she gets very little fussing here.....'here peel some potatoes' etc....Ill have her doing her own shoes up soon.

:o :o :o :o am i a bad person!
Emma
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 06:51:36 pm »
nope that what am like, I 'gloss over' the pain with step son as his mum pampers him to much

Linz

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 07:07:09 pm »
Although I am a nurse she gets very little fussing here.....'here peel some potatoes' etc....Ill have her doing her own shoes up soon.
My Mum's a nurse and I've never had much in the way of sympathy from her, it was always  'well, take 2 paracetamol and go to bed if it's that bad'  :P
Must be all the working with REALLY ill people that toughens nurses up ?
I actually used to go and visit my friend when I was ill because her mum 'did' sympathy, and cuddles, and cups of tea, and 'there there, you'll be better soon'  ;)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 08:04:10 pm »
My Mum's a nurse and I've never had much in the way of sympathy from her, it was always  'well, take 2 paracetamol and go to bed if it's that bad' 

Slightly side tracking but this reminds me of a funny story many years ago. I was Manager of a hotel when the Guest of Honour was Norma Major (the then Prime Ministers wife). Anyway during the lunch I had to go and tell her she had a call from "No.10". I took her to a private room and she asked me to stay with her. She was eventually connected to her daughter who had fallen off her horse and was in "agony". Well, Norma's exact words were " for goodness sake just swallow the Nurofen" and it did make me laugh!! ;D

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:13:33 pm by jameslindsay »

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 08:24:18 pm »
lol

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 07:59:24 am »
So pleased Lyssie is out of hospital.  Keep up the good work. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS