Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Loving permanent home wanted for (blind) house cat - sussex  (Read 2414 times)

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
Loving permanent home wanted for (blind) house cat - sussex
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:34:08 pm »
My friend has to rehome her 6 year old neutered male cat due to her son's severe allergies - he gets really poorly - she has put off rehoming Nev for a year but now needs to.

Nev is about 6 - he has been blind since birth - but manages to get around with no problem in my friend's flat and enjoys going outside into her enclosed garden.

Nev is very affectionate.  He loves his food - he is on a special diet for colitis (which as long as he has this food is not a problem) - but as he eats so little (he is prone to weight gain so his food needs to be rationed!) - my friend says it is no more expensive overall than "normal" cat food.  He is used to a toddler but hasnt lived with dogs or other cats before.

Nev is otherwise very healthy and is up to date on his vaccinations, worming and flea treatment and is microchipped.

This is a really hard decision for my friend and she has been trying to find Nev a home for a while now - but her son's condition is getting no better and she is also having another baby is a few weeks so I said I would try and help find a home too (I would have him but my husband is allergic to cats!). 

If you are interested in homing Nev please pm me and I will pass your details on.  He is in West Sussex

Thanks you

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Loving permanent home wanted for (blind) house cat - sussex
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:21:01 am »
Hi
Have you contacted WADARS in Worthing they may be able to help. Failing that the local Cats protection.
http://www.wadars.co.uk/

hope he finds a nice new home

Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
Re: Loving permanent home wanted for (blind) house cat - sussex
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 10:40:19 pm »
Thanks for the reply - Nev now has a new home.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS